Sunday, August 21, 2011

Stumped Doctors

After what seemed like an eternity, the hospital discovered her feeding tube had dislocated and was causing stomach issues.  They immediately performed surgery to fix this issue.  She only spent several weeks here this time gaining her strength back and skin color.  Her eyes were open but couldn't speak only with a hoarse mumble.   I made sure that I was informed of all information and continued my bedside vigil.  My intentions were not to be abrasive, but somehow I quickly established the reputation of a husband that didn't take NO! for an answer.   I made arrangements with key individuals to transfer to a different rehab facility when she was ready.

Note:  Insurance companies control how long you stay in intensive care before you are released.  To the outsider looking in the patient will not seem ready! 

No comments:

Post a Comment