Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Current Brain Injury Recovery

I must admit in the beginning things looked really dim with no light at the end of the tunnel.  Everyday my attitude would get better and better though.  After all I really didn't truly believe in the Almighty Father until I had no choice.  I'm stubborn!  Our lives quickly switched paths with a brain injury and we dealt with our circumstances on a day to day basis.  I found out first hand what my limits are and went even further in the hands of the Lord.   I was blessed to see my wife survive death and at the same time thrown into harsh reality attending 9 family and friends funerals.  In the beginning I was scared and worried that we weren't going to make it.  But in the end this developed into a chance to trust in someone else.   Sure we lost a lot of money and material things but gained a unique understanding of life and what really matters most.  Good friends abandoned us, but we made more.

Shel never gave up and has endured her new life without missing a beat!  She learned everything over again, gained her strength back, became a fantastic stay at home mom and hardly ever complains.  I consider myself to be truly blessed!  There is no doubt in my mind she would of done the same for me!

Looking back I guess my biggest blessing has been inner peace.  I don't doubt my faith near as much and when I do I close my eyes and remember  "The most compassionate Almighty Father gave us a second chance."

To all caregivers out there......  Remember you have been chosen by the Almighty father.  Chances are there are some amazing things happening all around you.  Press on with your heart! 

To this day this story has continued to make a difference in others! 


God Bless!
Randy and Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment